- Open the event [Dashboard>Events>Event and select the up-coming event]
- Review the ticket table and the date the early bird tickets expire.
- Check Enable registration and update the event.
- View the event and check that the bookings are showing, including early bird.
- Test the payment system: while logged in you can book yourself in buying a test ticket for just £1.
- Check that notification is sent to the bookings email address.
- Logged in, check the booking has been made. You can cancel it via PayPal/Stripe and you should get a refund.
- While logged out, check that all is well, that the lecture shows in the Up-coming lectures section and that the correct tickets are showing.
Setting up a pop-up window
A pop-up window will draw casual visitors’ attention to the lecture. Proceed as follows:
- In the dashboard go to the Popup Maker>All popups panel
- Commence editing of the bookings open pop-up
- Edit the text of the pop-up to suit the current year. Make sure the link to the bookings page is updated.
- In the Triggers section you should find the event ‘On pop-up Open’. Edit the cookie name to include the current year. This is to distinguish it from a previous year’s cookie.
- Now add a trigger of type ‘Time delay/Auto open”. Set the time delay to 500ms. Do not tick the “would you like to set up a new cookie as well?” box – you have already set this in the previous step.
- Click on “add”. Set the time delay to 500ms. Enter the cookie name as the one you have just set up. Click on ‘Add’.
- You should now see in the Triggers section the Time Delay/Auto open trigger and the On pop-up Open cookie control. Click on Update to update the page.
- Now visit the site. You should see the pop-up once. When you dismiss the pop-up or follow the link to the booking page the pop-up should not re-occur.
When satisfied that all is working, proceed to send out the first email invitation.
« Setting up lecture