Open this page in a separate window, so you can follow these instructions. [Do that now]
Preparing the email
- Logon to MailChimp and navigate to the Campaigns section.
- Locate the campaign that was used for the first announcement and replicate it using the pulldown menu extreme right.
- Set the campaign name to Test of 2017 early bird reminder. Modify the subject line to something likeMarianne Fry 2017 Lecture — Earlybird option expiring!Choose Next bottom right.
- When the email text appears, you need to edit it to emphasis the the earlybird deadline is about to pass. Add an opening paragraph
This is a reminder that the earlybird ticket option for the 2017 lecture will not be available after the end of June. If you have not yet booked your place, you may wish to do so before then.
Edit the next paragraph to avoid duplication of words in the next paragraph and also remove any now redundant references to the earlybird option further down in the original email.
Save and then Choose Next bottom right.
- Review the checks and then choose Send bottom right.
- Check you are only sending to the correct number of recipients and then Send now.
- Wait for the email to arrive and then check it for correctness. Check that the logo image is displaying correctly, that the email addresses you by name and that the lecture details link takes you to the lecture details on the web site.
- If necessary repeat the above until the email is correct.
Sending out the email announcement to all attendees
- Navigate to the list of campaigns and on the campaign for the successful test of the early bird reminder, use the drop-down menu extreme right to replicate it.
- This time select the whole list. Then choose Next bottom right.
- On the Campaign info screen, edit the Campaign name to remove the reference to it being a test.
- Because you have replicated the test campaign the other fields should already be correct and when you select Next you should see the email text already selected.
- When you get to the You’re all set to send! page, check that the recipient count is correct for the full list.
- Select Send bottom right and confirm Send now.
- Wait for your copy of the email to arrive and confirm all is well.
- Now clean up by going to the list of campaigns, selecting the test campaigns and deleting them.
(Instructions test driven by Tony 21 June 2017)
« Reporting on bookings progress